Friday, March 20, 2009

#147 Cascadilla Gorge Trail (is still blocked)



So here is what I did last weekend. I decided to walk up Cascadilla Gorge to Cornell. Winter is quite clearly over (for now) so I deemed the twentythousand "CLOSED" signs at the entrypoint downtown for invalid. On my way up I met plenty of people coming down so no worries - the path must be clear if they made it all the way down...

Actually not so. All these kind people were just too ashamed to admit that they walked up half the gorge just to be forced to turn around by a massive glacier making passage impossible. Guess what I did after seeing the above picture? I turned around, cheerfully greeted all those who came after me and enjoyed the fact, that they also would have to turn around and find another way up the hill.

0 comments:

Blog Directory