Saturday, June 27, 2009

#246 The Ithaca Journal

Recently we had the above postal trash (a typo of recyclable material that gets delivered to your door) in our mail box. It prompted me to for the first time buy the Ithaca Journal to see what it's like.

First: Why would anyone pay $7.55 a month for the weekend edition of this paper if I can get the four (or five) weekend editions that come out per month for 75ct a piece from the boxes that are at every street corner??? I don't get that. Can someone explain?

Second: So I got one from the box at the corner (for 75ct). It was heavier than the NYT weekend edition what I considered promising. But after taking the advertisements from every store in Ithaca and the surrounding area out, I was left with a few pages filled with a terrible mixture of local and national news. Some sex offender had been promoted to the front page (sex sells?) and the usual promotional articles about local wineries followed suit on the second page.

Summary: The Ithaca Journal is a waste of time. Leave it in the box.

0 comments:

Blog Directory